Fair Rules/Laws and Regulation
• German animal welfare legislation handles the welfare of animals in human possession.
• Protection regulations, namely the EU decree 338/97 and the Bundesartenschutzverordnung, short BArtSchV, are in effect in its revised version of 1999.
• German nature protection legislation
• The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, short CITES, lists protected species.
• Regulations for keeping and housing of reptiles and amphibians were developed in a joint effort by German authorities and organizations.
More important information:
Under 2.9 the fair rules ask for the declaration of animals. You can download a form for declaration in Word and in PDF format from Downloads.
Under 3.4 the fair rules ask a vendor to give a certificate of origin with a sold animal of a species that is effected by EU verdict 338/97 or of species effected by appendix 1 of the German BArtSchV. You can download such a form from the Downloads section in PDF and Word format, too.